Chapter X

Asuki
Occupation: Student
Now Playing:

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reflection

As another year comes to an end.. another begins.. at this point of time, take some time to reflect on this year's happenings.. the good memories you keep.. the bad memories you throw.. As for new year resolutions? Forget it. Why wait till the new year before you can have a resolution?

This year wasn't bad. It was the peak of my NS life. A year ago.. at this day..

I was in my 2nd week in OCS. Wouldn't say a fresh soldier from BMTC, but still it would be my first 'chiong sua' experience after 3 months @ AFRC. In OCS, I remember the first night I was afraid of going to sleep cos I was afraid they might do turn-out.. but luckily there wasn't any.

Common Leadership Term

My first turn-out was during my first field camp in months. Leadership fieldcamp. It was hell. Ended up with the uniform full of wet sticky mud, sleep deprievation and of course pain. It was also our first casevac of many to come in future field camps.

First navigation exercise of many to come..

It was also in OCS that i first handled the SAR21 rifle. Could remember that when i first held it, it was rather heavy. But i got used to the weight soon after.

I remembered having to book in on New Year's Eve.. the feeling sucked. But still the instructors also booked in with us.

Service term

Patrol fieldcamp: Our first mission-based fieldcamp of many many to come.

Platoon fieldcamp: Our first platoon lvl training. First defence mission (digging).

It was in this 3 months that I learnt other weapon systems which would prove useful in the future exercises.

Professional Term

My first time doing a turn out on the junior cadets. Had a blast of a time wacking them. =D

More weapon systems training that would prove useful in COMPANY-level exercises.

First encounter with a proper Ops Orders. First platoon level live firing, first company level exercise. 2 overseas missions.

First coastal hook exercise, first UO training.

Joint Term

Needless to say. Sword, commissioning parade, comms ball. End of a cadet's life, the beginning of an officer's life.

These are the good memories.. the bad memories.. what bad memories?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home